Training as a Food technology specialist (m/f/o)
- Over the course of 3 years, we will familiarise you with everything you need to know about the mechanical production of food – from incoming raw goods to the finished, packed product.
- You will learn how to handle raw materials and ingredients and how to move them on correctly so that everything runs smoothly in production from start to finish.
- This includes setting up machines and systems, strict adherence to recipes and fast intervention when there are discrepancies or faults.
- Lessons at a vocational college will bring you up to speed in packaging, preserving and quality assessment of food, system maintenance and product presentation.
- Last but not least, the practical part of your training will introduce you to a wide range of pre-treatment processes, the area of sampling and regulations as far as hygiene and disinfection are concerned.
- Very good secondary school qualification (high school or secondary school qualifications)
- Good marks in natural sciences: biology, chemistry, etc.
- Advantageous: Experience from voluntary or charity work